The youngest town in Trebic district. It has been proclaimed in 1994. Hrotovice used to have a fortress, a church and a cemetery almost till its establishment. However the rectory was destroyed after the battle on Bila hill and was reconstructed as long as in 1st of January 1913. The church of St. Vavrinec is built in Romanesque style and was mentioned already in 1263. Nowadays only main walls have passed on from the original edifice, because of many rebuilding. The most significant building in the town is the chateau posed on a place of the original fortress at the end of 16th century in Renaissance style. Another renewing followed in 18th century, when the chateau got a Baroque appearance. Nowadays there is a collection of 500 paintings, one of the nicest in Moravia. When the Baron Sina possessed the chateau, many of paintings have moved to Mystiborice and Velehrad. Hrotovice became a famous recreation centre between two World Wars, thanks to its position and beautiful surroundings.